Adobe has taken the unusual step of revealing the first details of the next version of Dreamweaver less than six months after the release of current version (Dreamweaver CS3). Now, before you get too excited, the Adobe announcement says nothing about new features. Instead, it tells you what’s being taken out. Continue reading First Details on DreamWeaver CS4
auto completing your own death ?!?!??!
Microsoft just announced what has been rumored forever: a formal offer for Yahoo. Microsoft’s proposal to Yahoo’s board of directors represents $31 per share (a 62% premium over yesterday’s closing price) or about $44.6 Billion. Steve Ballmer, CEO and big fan of developers, says, “We have great respect for Yahoo!, and together we can offer an increasingly exciting set of solutions for consumers, publishers and advertisers while becoming better positioned to compete in the online services market.” Apparently, the deal was laid out in a letter sent by Ballmer to Yahoo’s board just yesterday. Seriously. The letter confirms that the two giants have been discussing the topic since late 2006. It also appears to be a direct response to the Google threat as outlined in the following paragraph:
“Today, the market is increasingly dominated by one player who is consolidating its dominance through acquisition. Together, Microsoft and Yahoo! can offer a credible alternative for consumers, advertisers, and publishers.”
The deal, of course, rests with the two coming to a “merger agreement” and Microsoft (and Yahoo to a limited degree) having the time to conduct the required due diligence. Microsoft is ready to begin immediate discussions and have a draft merger agreement ready for consideration. So Yahoo, ball’s in your court. The world is wondering… what will you do?
Why only versions 5.5 & 6? Because Windows IE versions prior to 5.5 do not support the filter which fixes the PNG problem, and version 7 does not have any issues on displaying png images.
I recently tried to install SP1 on a system with Windows Vista Ultimate (OEM Hack) 🙂 !! DELL OEM Distribution.
I read many stories about successful installations. I tried it myself to see what happens.
1. Downloaded the SP1 from the official Microsoft’s site.
2. Disconnected the network cable (just in case).
3. Run the update.
there where 2 phases of install. First Of all it began with creating a restore point. (I thought that if the system was locked could I restore my system on a hacked state ???)
In the 1st phase of update took about 15mins on a (Core 2 6400 / 2GBRAM ) – Divided in 3 stages.
The second phase took about 10 min, displaying progress in windows welcome screen.
4. Connected the network cable back in place.
5. After a week the system still shows Activated.
I ll soon post any tweaks for better perfomance and overriding the stupid confirmation dialog.
Lately i had to make firefox allow more simultanious downloads than it can (default value is 3). In that point i want to note that firefox can allow
These are some quick tweaks you can add to firefox browser.
First of all open a tab on your Firefox browser. In the address bar type:
about:config and press enter. You ll see something like this…
I was recently bought a new external Drive for storing my files, project, works ect. First thing i did was to copy my WampServer Directory to the new hard disk drive so i could continue my work. After a few minutes i came back to check if everything went well and i saw this….
Vista Vista Upgrades….
The new vista service pack announced for some time now .. Now is actually ready and I had it in my winodows update list….
Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
Published: March 18, 2008
- Windows Vista SP1 is available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese. Other languages will be made available soon.
- Microsoft strongly recommends using Windows Update to download and install Windows Vista SP1 on single PCs:
- The download size from Windows Update of Windows Vista SP1 for x86 is 65 MB (compared to 450 MB from the Microsoft Download Center).
- The download size from Windows Update of Windows Vista SP1 for x64 is 125 MB (compared to 745 MB from the Microsoft Download Center).
- Windows Update will recognize PCs with known problematic drivers and postpone downloading Windows Vista SP1 until the PC has updated drivers or other applicable updates. Using Windows Update will help ensure you have the most trouble-free update experience possible.
- Some Windows Vista users may encounter an issue with a small set of hardware devices that may not function properly after updating a Windows Vista PC to Windows Vista SP1. This is an issue with the way the device drivers were re-installed during the Windows Vista SP1 update process, not with the drivers themselves—these drivers worked on Windows Vista RTM and they work on Windows Vista SP1. This problem is typically corrected by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. We are working with the manufacturers of these devices to get the known problematic drivers and their install programs updated, and also on other solutions we can use to ensure a smooth customer experience when updating to Windows Vista SP1 using Windows Update. For new PCs provisioned with Windows Vista SP1, this is not an issue.
- If you choose to install Windows Vista SP1 via the standalone installer available on the Microsoft Download Center, Microsoft advises that you first visit Windows Update and install all optional drivers. Read Knowledge Base Articles 948187 and 948343 for more information.
- If you have a prior version of the Windows Vista SP1 beta installed, you must uninstall it prior to installing the final version. Use the Control Panel applet “Programs and Features” and select “View installed updates” from the top left of the task pane. Under Windows, look for “Service Pack for Windows (KB936330).
One of the most used framework for making your web application more live, interactive. There is been a while since I run into it, but recently I decided to use it. Main reason is when i saw the sits that actually use the jQuery framework. Take a look here and you ll be suprised by the big company names.
Categorized css gallery and examples.
In gallery you can see some page layouts CSS code for two column, three columns, mixed columns page layout. Also categorized by page visibility, contrast, colors.
Great page for quickly develop descent pages with minor design changes. Take a tour on the CSS Drive and feel free to comment or suggest any designs you liked.