This is a solution that took me about 1 year to make it work. I proudly present the way to make php connect to an Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server Express in all major Win OS (XP, VISTA , Widows Server).
Quick tip: use # to make MsSQL dates work!!
So here it Goes !!!!!
first of all download this library ntwdlib.dll.
1. php.ini change value mssql.secure_connection = On
2. replace ntwdlib.dll vesrion 126.96.36.199 to windows\system32 (needs restart), wamp\php, wamp\apache2\bin
3. add extension=php_mssql.dll in php.ini it’s already there commented
to check if function working use this
echo “Okay, fn is there”;
echo “Hmmm .. fn is not even there”;
4. Enable the TCP/IP protocol using the Surface Area Configuration Utility
Make sure the TCP/IP protocol is enabled in the SQL Server Configuration Utility
Make sure the SQL Server browser is started. Note this step is optional. It is possible to set
the SQL Server instance to use a fixed IP address – but this is non-standard for named instances.
Make sure SQL Server and SQL Server Browser are exempted by the firewall on the server machine.
This is done by putting sqlservr.exe and sqlbrowser.exe as an exception in the windows firewall.
Note: In order to get things to work. You might need to completely reboot the server machine after
making the changes. There have been reports (thanks P.C.) that starting and stopping the SQL Server
and Browser software is not enough.
5. Enable All TCP/IP All IPs in SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION MANAGER –> PROTOCOLS –> (TAB) IP ADDRESSES
6. Restart SQL Server Service
7. Open wamp\php\php.ini and set the mssql.secure_connection = On (just in case, cause there are 2 php.ini
in install direcrory
Right-click your wamp folder and click on Properties. Got to the security tab and click on Edit…
Now click on Add and type in ‘Everyone’ without the single quotes
Once you added ‘Everyone’ make sure you check the Full Control checkbox in the permissions list
If you cannot connect to an SQL Server instance after trying all of the above, look in the registry using regedit.exe
at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\SQLEXPRESS\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp.
One of the nameValue pairs has name TcpPort and a value, which is the port that the SQL Server is
listening on (mine was set to 1030).
(sometimes is to 1030…. SET IT TO 1433)
10.Add enviroment values to System path c:\wamp\php
11. THIS DEPENDS ON MSQL SERVER EXPRESS INSTALLATION (deafult INSTANCE = machinename , existing INSTANCE = (machiname)\SQLEXPRESS
//$dbms_host = “(local)\SQLEXPRESS”; //<—– ON WINXP
$dbms_host = “machinename”; //<——-SEE WHATS IN SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO
$dbms_user = “sa”;
$dbms_password = “yourpassword”;
$dbms_name = “DatabaseName”;
$ms_connection = mssql_connect($dbms_host, $dbms_user , $dbms_password) or die (“*****my fault connecting Database”);
12. DONT FORGET TO CHANGE WINDOWS DATE FORMAT TO the format that your application is using. (control panel, regional settings, date, date format)
13. CHANGE php.ini and uncomment mssql.datetimeconvert = On
Also remember if you want to use a remote SQL Server
mssql.secure_connection = Off
For Local SQL Server Connection
mssql.secure_connection = On
and you are set to go…
This is a fully tested solution in all Windows Operating Systems and in SQL Server but also in SQL Server Express. Dont be afraid to try it, it really works…