How to use LogMeIn Free with Windows 7 Beta/RC:
1. Download the LogMeIn software to your desktop from this site: https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.zip
2. Unzip the folder to a new folder on your desktop named “logmein”.
3. Go to the start menu and search for “cmd. When you find the Command Prompt entry, right click it and select “Run as Administrator”, and Click through the warning prompt.
4.In command prompt type “cd\users\\desktop\logmein\x86” without quotes and press enter. (If you are running 64-bit Windows change the ‘x86′ to ‘x64′)
5. In command prompt type “logmein install” without quotes and press enter.
6. The installer will run and you should then see the tray icon when it’s finished. Right click on the icon and select “Open LogMeIn…”
7. Firefox will open and you’ll get an error box. Just click “OK“.
8. Copy and paste this address into the address bar: https://127.0.0.1:2002/
9. Click through if you get a popup warning you about a certificate. On the page itself you will see something to allow an exception. Click on that and then click ‘Get Certificate‘ in the next box. Again you will probably get another warning but just click add anyway.
10. You should see the familiar LogMeIn screen. Just put in your computer user credentials and then you will be asked for your LogMeIn credentials.
It is a pretty straightforward process, but does take a bit of workaround to get it setup. Hopefully over the next few months LogMeIn will add support to Windows 7 for its installer package.
You ll be suprised when entering as you used to your username and password worked ok.
In Windows 7 if you use it this way u ll get this error message:
Error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (1326)
REMEMBER to type the username like this